I currently abide in a house of SICKOS. Every single one of us has the wonderful 'cold'. Anna started out with it about a week ago. Micah started to show signs end of this last week, then Franco and I were next. Franco who works five million jobs, seriously, and goes to school, and Me...the caretaker of our home. Not fun. So I expect great sympathy from you...and from others of you I'm sure I can get some empathy!
Franco is currently in class on this fine freezing day here in PA. I just laid both of my children down for naps...which begs the question, why in the world am I on the computer instead of fast asleep? Who knows! Anna is almost three and this is the 2nd time she's ever been sick, the other time was that fun bought of Croup we had about two months ago. So in three years of being a Mom, this is the first time I feel the pain of sick kids in a whole new way. Can't leave the house, can't be social (not like we could anyway since ALL of my friends are with child!!!!!! seriously! ALL of them!!), so here we are. Stuck. Stuck in our house. But we have a roof over heads, plenty of food to eat, water, and warm beds to call our own. I should count my blessings.
And my since we live in a two bedroom apartment, Micah is still in our room with us. So whenever he coughs, or breathes weird, I'm up. Plus poor little guy does not know how to blow his nose, so he just snots everywhere until we bust out the fabulous 'snot sucker' and then he cries and screams. So I actually slept in the living room last night, and tonight Franco gets a turn. All we ask is ONE night of uninterrupted rest. One night.
All I'm trying to whine is...sickness sucks!

2 comments:
booooo! that stinks! hopefully everyone recovers soon. i think winter in general is depressing - so what's another depressing situation in this horrible season? blech! only 2 1/2 months until april.... :)
I wish I had seen this post earlier...we've been so busy being sick around here, too, that I haven't been able to check. I'm so sorry you're all sick, believe me, I understand and can completely sympathize with you. Praying it goes away quickly!
Post a Comment