Sorry I still have NOT download pictures...things have been crazy. The short of it is that I go in a week from today, June 10th at 8PM to start my 'induction' process.
My Dr.'s feel best that I do not go all the way to 40 weeks, which is June 14th. Because of my gestational diabetes, they want to play it safe and avoid a 'big' baby...although I feel it might already be too late for that! I will be put on an antibiotic IV, because I tested positive for Strep B, and I will start cervadil, a medication to 'soften' my cervix. So will spend Tuesday night at the hospital on my own. Then early Wednesday morning, June 11th, they will start me on petocin (sp?) to get the 'labor' in process. Franco will stay with Anna that night and then take her to our friends Megan and Phil, early Wednesday morning. He will then join me for the duration of my labor, which we can all pray will be nice and short! :) Anna will mostly likely spend the night at home with Aunt Megan, and then get to visit us Thursday sometime. As well my parents fly in Thursday evening, so they can assume any Anna duties. Pray for the Dr.'s to have wisdom, for me to have peace, for Franco to have patience, and for Anna to be flexible! I think spending the night away from Anna for the first time will be harder on me than her! She's a trooper and will probably love living with Aunt Megan and Ava for a few days! Pray that Jesus gives me the trust I need to have in HIM for the whole process! I am excited and so ready to meet my son, but also nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I had hoped so much for a 'normal' labor and delivery, and for things to happen on their own. There is still that option, you never know, the little guy could come on his own before next week. But for now, we're trusting the Lord and the Dr's that he put in our life! Thank you guys and I will get pictures up soon...and for sure once the baby arrives!

2 comments:
No need to be anxious, Stacy---you've done this before (although I know it was difficult!) and Jesus will be with you through every step of the way. Just keep telling yourself to take deep breaths and try and let your hospital stay be a little "retreat" for you before you go home to 2 kids. Trust me, I sent Brad and Callie home each night and the baby to the nursery, and we all were the better for it! =) You have every right to be nervous and excited and anxious, don't get me wrong...but I have a feeling things will go more smoothly than you think. I am praying for you and everything that goes with it! (sorry so long!)
thanks for updated your blog with even MORE pictures (especially that one of you actually smiling!!!)
all will be great! can you even count the number of people praying for you? it's gotta be at least 3 or 4 hahahaha
love you!
Post a Comment